It was announced on Sunday May 21, 2023 that the result of our congregational vote was to become a Global Methodist Church. This will be our next chapter as believers who worship at Second Ave. Thank you to everyone who prayed, dialogued, and voted. Here are a few things to pay close attention to in the next few weeks.
1) Annual Conference did approve our disaffiliation. The next step is settlement sometime during the month of June. After the settlement as a church we will no longer be United Methodists. If you have any questions about the timing or anything related to the settlement please reach out to me directly.
2) Paperwork has been filed with both the state and the denomination to become a Global Methodist Congregation. It is the leadership’s intention to update you frequently along the way
3) You may share on social media, share with family and friends, and share openly the result of the church’s vote to become a Global Methodist Congregation.
4) Ad Council will have a meeting to discuss membership and to iron out a few details needed to be discussed in the short term. Please submit to the church office any questions you may have during this time. If an answer is available someone will update you with an answer.
5) Please continue to pray for our church, other churches that have disaffiliated, as well as pray for those who will remain United Methodist. All human beings are loved by God, redeemed by the blood of Jesus, and as a church it is my hope that we continue to treat everyone with love, respect, and a desire to encourage all to repent of their sin and live into the newness of the life Jesus wants for all of God’s sons and daughters.
6) It is my intention as your pastor to continue to guide, lead worship, share life with you, pray for you and with you, and be present with everyone in our church’s next chapter. We are just getting started on the amazing ministries the Holy Spirit has for us, Church.
Thank you for being faithful. Thank you for being generous. Thank you for being the church. You are the great hope of this world.
Blessings, Pastor B